Superiority complex is a term coined by Alfred Adler as part of his school of individual psychology in the early 1900s. During this time in the country, “1% of the population, the white immigrants, were seen as the dominant and superior race,” while the rest of the 99%, the indigenous Africans, were marginalized and pushed down to the bottom of the totem pole, The Superiority Complex causes one to see others are inferior due to their lack of self-esteem. He purposely only hangs out with people with a lower IQ because they believe his war stories without question. ✦ When this manifests itself into the person’s behavior, it can turn into the Superiority Complex Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Disorder, or Megalomania (the last two may be considered a part of the first). look into the criminal mind, justice system, and the treatment of those entangled in its web is a daunting task, but in the three articles “A Death in the Box” by Mary Pfeiffer, “Supremacy Crimes” by Gloria Steinem, and “Masked Racism: Reflections on the Prison Industrial Complex” by Angela Davis, the reality is exposed and reveals a flawed system designed and utilized by the wealthy upper class to punish and theoretically enslave the mentally ill and minority groups. He or she feels superior to other people and displays a general disregard for the thoughts of others. This Superiority Complex can come from many different things such as narcissism and even a lack of self-esteem. They feel defeated by the accomplishments of others because, to them, this means they're not enough or are lacking in some way. They struggle to recognize that everyone deserves equal levels of respect, and think they can treat people however they want in order to achieve their goals. They are very fragile people. I have an older sister who acts like a narcissistic snob, but she suffers from a superiority complex, having been poor early in life. If more people were confident in their abilities, then we wouldn't have inferiority complexes and self-esteem issues! there can never be a relationship with them in which we accept we have equal intelligence, ever. There is one other thing here that is important to note―most people tend to confuse someone’s confidence as a superiority complex, but there is a clear division between the two. they call themselves the risk-takers and it's everyone else's fault via, say, taxes or via ethnicity such as non-white or non-Aryan that they are not no. Some link this to how these people were raised as children. 6789 Quail Hill Pkwy, Suite 211 Irvine CA 92603.